Sunday, August 10, 2014

Introducing.... Our Son: Michael Edward Buckley III

  Mary Jane and I have had a crazy few days. As with every story, there are 1,000 details and long explanations. However, none of that is important at the moment. On Aug. 5th we were contacted by our awesome friends, Brad Rains & Tosha Renee, who had seen our blog and knew of a women who wanted to make a birth plan for her baby. It all happened very quickly from that point. We met with the birth mother at TMC and spoke with her for awhile, and then after feeling comfortable with the situation and contacting our attorney we decided to make an adoption plan with her. Less than 24 hours later our son, Michael Edward Buckley III, was born on Aug. 6th at 11:00am. Weighing in at 7.2lbs and 20 inches long. He is a happy and healthy baby!

My wife(crying) doing skin-to-skin after birth
Michael E Buckley III



















   


  We had three sleepless nights at TMC before we were able to bring him home. Our son is doing extremely well and my wife and I are still in shock over how quickly it happened. Normally with an agency you are matched with a family during the third trimester, so you have months to prepare your home and get all the legal formalities out of the way. We had a matter of hours. But I wouldn't trade it for the world. No more fundraising or long nights of waiting, just happiness. For the first time in a long time I've watched my wife move around with uninhibited joy, and seeing our son in his home makes me swell with pride. We love him. This is a nothing short of a blessing. 


Our first time with MBIII
KCPD Swag


















  
  

  I'd like to take this time to apologize for the approaching storm. Now that we have announced, that means your Facebook is about to be bombarded with photos/videos of our son. So I'm truly sorry, but as you know, it has to happen. My wife has her finger on the upload button as I write, ready to fill your timelines. On a separate note. I have learned so much through this process. I knew NOTHING, about adopting or fundraising, but we were helped every step of the way by people who had some knowledge of it, even if they didn't really know us. People supported us in so many ways. So I just wanted to say that if you or anyone you know is thinking about adopting or wants to do fundraisers for any cause, feel free to reach out to us and we will try to do anything we can for you. We will pay every bit of knowledge forward to help anyone who wants it. If my wife or I can speak with anyone that really wants to know about adoption, legal aspects, event planning, birth plans, ect.... it would be our pleasure. Originally I had my doubts about this blog, but it was nothing short of a perfect decision. The more people who know about your cause the better. You'll find, just like we did, that people really do care about you and want to rally for you. To everyone who shared this blog or helped us in any way thank you. You helped our family grow by one, and we are eternally grateful.


Full head of blonde hair
Holding him after birth





Jackson & his new cousin







No comments:

Post a Comment